FTG

FTG Clan

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
The guests that are viewing the forum right now, make an account and log in Smile

Share | 

Offensive team, in help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PKMN trainer many

PostSubject: Offensive team, in help   Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:31 am

This team objective is to use his offensive power to plow through teams without the use of weather however, I would like the oppinion of others on how to improve it

Breloom @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch

Breloom works great, it is quite rare that i play a game without him knocking something out, the classic technician set allows me to hit bulky pokemon, and using spore on slow pokemon i can get a boost to really sweep with mach punch. I feel quite safe with him when facing a sand team.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spa / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- HP (Ice)
- Sunny Day

I take advantage of heatran and his immunities and natural defense, he still is a good attacker, chose lava plume over fire blast for the accuracy issue and over flamethrower because of the possibility of burn, hp ice for flying ground tipes (gliscor, landorus) and to stop the rampage of dragons, earth power to eliminate other heatrans and sunny day to bring in the light after knocking politoed.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Extremespeed
- Fire Punch

Ive always had a dragonite on my ou team, with one dragon dance it turns into a beast only a few can wall, outrage is the main stab and causes lots of damage to anything that doesnt resist it, extremespeed as priority becomes in handy sometimes, fire punch is basically for steel and ice types however sometimes i feel id be better with earthquake.

Starmie @ life orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spa / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid: Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic

This starmie set is used to outspeed the majority of the pokemon on the tier, I chose the moves to take full advantage of starmie attacking power basically, surf and psychic as main stabs, thunderbolt for water types and ice beam for grass and dragons.

Mamoswine @ life orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Icicle Crash

Basically a dragonslayer mamoswine has a mighty stab on earthquake able to deal much damage, icicle crash when i can predict a switch and superpower to hit ice and pokemons of the like of ferrothorn.

The last slot is still an open option either for choice band terrakion, choice scarf staraptor or expert belt latios, ive been thinking on changin starmie for rotom w as it posseses greater bulk.

Thanks Ill appreciate your suggestions.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Arkham
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Offensive team, in help   Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:45 pm

The team looks great so far but i would suggest a focus sash for breloom in order for the set you chose to always work. Also Dnite breaks skarmory and ferrothorn walls but Earthquake allows for a lot more coverage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Athena
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Offensive team, in help   Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:34 pm

You have a pretty solid hyper offensive team here but there are a few things in it that I'd like to point out. For starters your Heatran set would do better off with Solar Beam over HP Ice. Solar Beam is a quick and easy way to decimate the likes of Politoed and Tyranitar. You lose the ability to hit dragons but Mamoswine does that already. Another thing I notice is that your team is entry hazard weak,the main weakness being a Deoxys-D who can outspeed and Taunt most of the team and setup Steatlh Rocks and at least 1 layer of spikes. A Starmie set of Surf / Psyshock / Ice Beam /
Rapid Spin should solve this,and also helps Dragonite maintain its Multiscale. For the final slot I suggest the Ebelt Latios,or a Scarf Trick variant as things like Scarf Landorus can sometimes prove fatal if they predict correctly. other than that the team looks pretty decent.

TNT

PostSubject: Re: Offensive team, in help   Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:04 pm

i sugest you to change the lo on breloom for a sash. Put stealth rock somewhere (mamo or heatran).you can also use a xeather trapper tran with magma storm solar beam.It looks really solid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cornelia

PostSubject: Re: Offensive team, in help   Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:12 pm

Looks great,only needs someone like Deoxys defense or Skarmory

PostSubject: Re: Offensive team, in help   

Back to top Go down

Offensive team, in help
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1