FTG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FTG

FTG Clan

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
The guests that are viewing the forum right now, make an account and log in Smile
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» bdbdbdbdbdbb
Dragonite, the Bane of OU Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 4:12 am by Yellow Flash

» Hey guys :)
Dragonite, the Bane of OU Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 5:25 am by Yellow Flash

» Leaving FTG
Dragonite, the Bane of OU Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 2:38 pm by Smartino

» Hello...anybody out there...
Dragonite, the Bane of OU Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 3:21 pm by Dr. Dynamite

» Hello There
Dragonite, the Bane of OU Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 11:45 am by Kirby Master

» Hax-Rachi, the Rage Inducer.
Dragonite, the Bane of OU Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 11:39 am by Kirby Master

» New Pokemon Clan forum!!!!
Dragonite, the Bane of OU Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 6:00 pm by Yellow Flash

» R.I.P FTG...
Dragonite, the Bane of OU Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 10:12 pm by Daddy.

» Sometimes I do something incredibly stupid. (also I want to know your thoughts on this)
Dragonite, the Bane of OU Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 12:20 am by Iceorama

Top posters
Yellow Flash
Dragonite, the Bane of OU I_vote_lcapDragonite, the Bane of OU I_voting_barDragonite, the Bane of OU I_vote_rcap 
The_Arkham
Dragonite, the Bane of OU I_vote_lcapDragonite, the Bane of OU I_voting_barDragonite, the Bane of OU I_vote_rcap 
Athena
pokemon cheerleader
Pikachu-Fan
!cardgamesWTF!
Based God
MandyBuzz9
Jordannnn
Chingstah
Top posting users this week
No user
Most Viewed Topics
New Pokemon Clan forum!!!!
Rant on Yellow Flashes communist ownership of Forums
made up pokemon box for laughs
Naruto 624 *SPOILER* predictions
confirm triva game
Clan Logo!!!!!
Epic Chat Quotes
Pokemon Alphabet Game
The Nitro Sun
GOODBYE NARUTO UNIVERSE!!!

Dragonite, the Bane of OU

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Athena
Admin
Athena

Dragonite, the Bane of OU Empty
PostSubject: Dragonite, the Bane of OU   Dragonite, the Bane of OU Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 2:52 pm

DRAGONITE

Dragonite, the Bane of OU PCP149

Abilities:
Inner Focus
Multiscale

Stats:

HP:91
Atk:134
Def:95
SpA:100
SpD:100
Spe:80

Total:600

Placed Tier: OU

Type: DRAGON / FLYING

Dragonite is a threatening pokemon common in OU play,and it is always seen as the one that can make the difference between a lost and a win. Even with its weaknesses to Stealth Rocks and Ice types its never backed down from OU,and now with Multiscale its here to show its dominance.

Set #1: Dragon Dance

Item: Lum Berry / Leftovers
Ability:Multiscale
EVs: 40 HP / 252 ATK / 216 SPD
Nature:Adamant

- Dragon Dance
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch / Waterfall / Brick Break
- Extreme Speed / Earthquake / Roost

Set Explanation: One of the most basic and one of the most feared Dragonite sets. All it needs to do is setup a Dragon Dance and proceed to sweep. Outrage is the main STAB move here, and it can easily OHKO things like defensive Politoed after Stealth Rocks. Dragon Claw is always a secondary option that allows for more freedom but there is a difference in power. Fire Punch is the bane of all Steel types,but due to how common rain teams are Waterfall is another choice. Brick Break also hits certain Steel types like Ferrothorn but is more for hitting Tyranitar and Terrakion. Extreme Speed is perfect for revenge killing,but Earthquake can always be used to add to Dragonites coverage. Roost is for recover purposes. The EVs allow maximum attack power with enough speed to outspeed anything with 121 base speed or less like Alakazam and Tornadus-T after one Dragon Dance. Lum Berry is perfect since you dont have to worry about being burned or paralyzed and works well with Outrage,but Leftovers helps with things like Sandstorm and Dragonite lacking Roost.

Set #2: Rainy Nite

Item: Leftovers / Lum Berry
EVs: 40 ATK / 252 SATK / 216 SPD
Nature: Mild

- Dragon Dance / Roost
- Outrage / Dragon Claw / Draco Meteor
- Hurricane / Waterfall
- Thunder / Earthquake / Extremespeed

Set Explanation: A Dragonite made to abuse rain. With Politoeds everywhere this Dragonite is the perfect canidate for a Rain team. Dragon Dance can be used to boost its speed and attack,yet its common walls like Skarmory and Ferrothorn are not safe, because of its ability to abuse the rain to get more coverage with its moves like Hurricane and Thunder each to 100% acuracy. Outrage like always is the main STAB move,while Dragon Claw is there for the freedom of changing moves. Draco Meteor is more on the special side so dedicated physical walls have to be careful. Hurricane is the second STAB and most threatening in rain,but Waterfall can also be used. Thunder can OHKO Skarmory with Stealth Rocks while Earthquake is here for Steel types. Extremespeed is for revenge killing. Roost is used to heal off damage. If you feel your going to use a dedicated special Dragonite a EV spread of of 40 HP / 252 SATK / 216 Speed with a Modest nature can work,also Agility can be used in place of Dragon Dance.

Set #3: Sub Dancer

Item: Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 252 ATK / 216 SPD
Nature: Adamant

- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Roost / Thunder Wave / Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw

Set Explanation: A more defensive Dragonite set that aims to setup a Substitute to avoid being hit with Thunder Wave,Will-o-Wisp,Toxic,etc. After that you can setup a free Dragon Dance or then some. Roost is here to heal off the damage and the cost of Substitute and it also reactivates Multiscale making the Subs even harder to break. Thunder Wave can be used to annoy the opponent when they try to send in their counter. Fire Punch demolishes Steel types and more while Dragon Claw is the main STAB. Heatran lacking HP Ice, Politoed without Perish Song or Ice Beam, and Gliscor without Toxic or Ice Fang or all setup bait meaning you cn easily setup your Substitutes and Dragon Dances that may lead to a sweep. The EVs or pretty much standard.

Conclusion:

Even though Dragonite is a dangerous sweeper with imense coverage,things like Cloyster,Mamoswine and Genesect can all threaten Dragonite. Stealth Rock also plays a big problem to Dragonite since it negates Multiscale. Magnezone is a good partner for Dragonite since it can trap Steel types and OHKO most with HP Fire or ThunderBolt. Jirachi can tank Ice attacks and Genesect can do nearly the same and threaten to KO opposing Steels with Flamethrower. Donphan can take Rock attacks and Spin away rocks while setting up its own which greatly helps Dragonite and Starmie can do nearly the same. So in the end Dragonite is a powerful sweeper,thats always a threat,try to never give the chance to let an opposing Dragonite setup,and always try to let yours do just the opposite.

Last edited by Athena on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Arkham
Admin
The_Arkham

PostSubject: Re: Dragonite, the Bane of OU   Dragonite, the Bane of OU Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 12:34 am

I really liked this topic Athena. it even made me use dragonite to tell you truth lol
Back to top Go down
Yellow Flash
Admin
Yellow Flash

PostSubject: Re: Dragonite, the Bane of OU   Dragonite, the Bane of OU Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 9:14 am

lol, i love the classic pokemon of first gen.
Back to top Go down
https://flyingthundergods.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragonite, the Bane of OU   Dragonite, the Bane of OU Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragonite, the Bane of OU
Page 1 of 1