FTG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FTG

FTG Clan

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
The guests that are viewing the forum right now, make an account and log in Smile
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» bdbdbdbdbdbb
Making a Standard Team Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 4:12 am by Yellow Flash

» Hey guys :)
Making a Standard Team Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 5:25 am by Yellow Flash

» Leaving FTG
Making a Standard Team Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 2:38 pm by Smartino

» Hello...anybody out there...
Making a Standard Team Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 3:21 pm by Dr. Dynamite

» Hello There
Making a Standard Team Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 11:45 am by Kirby Master

» Hax-Rachi, the Rage Inducer.
Making a Standard Team Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 11:39 am by Kirby Master

» New Pokemon Clan forum!!!!
Making a Standard Team Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 6:00 pm by Yellow Flash

» R.I.P FTG...
Making a Standard Team Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 10:12 pm by Daddy.

» Sometimes I do something incredibly stupid. (also I want to know your thoughts on this)
Making a Standard Team Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 12:20 am by Iceorama

Top posters
Yellow Flash
Making a Standard Team I_vote_lcapMaking a Standard Team I_voting_barMaking a Standard Team I_vote_rcap 
The_Arkham
Making a Standard Team I_vote_lcapMaking a Standard Team I_voting_barMaking a Standard Team I_vote_rcap 
Athena
pokemon cheerleader
Pikachu-Fan
!cardgamesWTF!
Based God
MandyBuzz9
Jordannnn
Chingstah
Top posting users this week
No user
Most Viewed Topics
New Pokemon Clan forum!!!!
Rant on Yellow Flashes communist ownership of Forums
made up pokemon box for laughs
Naruto 624 *SPOILER* predictions
confirm triva game
Clan Logo!!!!!
Epic Chat Quotes
Pokemon Alphabet Game
The Nitro Sun
GOODBYE NARUTO UNIVERSE!!!

Making a Standard Team

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Athena
Admin
Athena

Making a Standard Team Empty
PostSubject: Making a Standard Team   Making a Standard Team Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 7:11 am

Making A Standard Team

This is a tutorial I made to help people make standard teams in almost any tier(mainly OU,UU,LU,and NU). Most Standard teams have a good options and are generally balanced when it comes to offensive and defensive options.

Standard Layout:

Lead
Tank
Physical Wall
Special Wall
Physical Sweeper
Special Sweeper

Balance / Synergy:

This is where you that nearly all your pokes on your team have a good synergy with each other. For example,a combination of Genesect and Forretress on the same team is a little Fire weak.But a team with Heatran and Rotom-W have good synergy with each other and great a uniform balance,easily switching into attacks for each other. Also having a good special / physical balance on a team is good too. If you had a team of 5 special attackers,almost any Blissey can easily wall your team to death.

Roles:

-Leads:Leads are either here to setup things like stealth Rocks,Weather,or stop other leads all together. Most leads have a decent amount of bulk and usually get the game started off to a nice start. The leads are suicide leads,which are meant to setup as many entry hazards as possible before dying.weather leads like Tyranitar and Politoed,who setup the weather for their teams favor.Standard leads are just made to setup hazards and have decent bulk like Foretress. Anti leads are made to check or counter other leads. Genesect is a poke who can U-turn Tyranitar,Thunderbolt Politoed and Flamethrower Forretress,and is considered a anti lead due to this.

-Tanks:Tanks are meant to take atacks from both sides but while dishing out attacks at the same time. They are generally all around pokes. Ferrothorn,Jellicent,and Miltoic can all be considered tanks. They generally have good stats and can be used with great style,

-Physical Walls:Here to take on opposing physical sweepers and anything that has a physical touch to it. Ferrothorn,Donphan,Hippowdon,and Mew are some notable examples of physical walls.Most physical walls also have a way of crippling physical sweepers like Mew's Will-o-Wisp or Ferrothorns- Thunder Wave.

-Special Walls:Meant to take special sweepers any way possible special walls are here to help.Milotic,Chansey / Blissey,Jellicent,Latias, and Tyranitar in sandstorm are some good special walls. Some special walls can be even mixed like Celebi and Chansey,who can act as Clerics with Heal Bell or Wish.

-Physical Sweepers:They dont play,the either setup or use a item like the Choice Scarf or Choice Band to walk over the opponents team. DDance Dragonite,Moxie Salamence,Haxorus,Bulk Up Conkeldurr,and Sword Dance Terrakion are just some of these mercilesss pokemon. Used easier when their physical walls are down.

-Special Sweepers:They wreck everything,and wreck even more once their counters are down for the count.After setting up or using items like Choice Specs they go in for the kill. QuiverDance Volcarona,Life Orb Alakazam,SubCM Lati@s are just a few of these powerful beings.They sweep even better with their Special Walls out of the way.

Other things that you can do for your team is like adding Wallbreakers(meant to use extremely high stats to wreck walls) or Clerics(here to heal your team of status).Also if you fel you should replace a tank with a extra physical sweeper go ahead.

Remembers these tips when creating a Standard Team~
Back to top Go down

Making a Standard Team
Page 1 of 1